The minds of millions of people around the world are obsessed with the best diet that can help you lose weight and at the same time consolidate the result. Doctors sound the alarm, as the number of obese people is increasing every day and more. How to get out of the vicious cycle of "work-sofa-refrigerator" and get in shape?
Where does excess weight come from?
The incidence of obesity in a civilized society is becoming more and more common, despite the lack of changes in genes, namely heredity. A modern person no longer needs to hunt a giant to get food for himself and his family. After all, just dial a phone number and the pizza sender will knock on the door for a few minutes. Electronic technologies and other new technologies have made life much easier for today's Homo sapiens. Many people are engaged in mental work, spending most of their time in a stationary position, and this upsets the balance of energy in the body, that is, the balance between the energy absorbed - calories taken in and expended.
Improper diet only exacerbates this process, and given that eating habits are formed in childhood, it turns out that an adult himself suffers from excess weight and involuntarily provokes its appearance in his children. Obesity affects entire families and this trend is only increasing.
Here are the most common causes of excess weight:
- Sedentary lifestyle, hypodynamics.
- Chronic fatigue, stress.
- Lack of sleep. Few people know that lack of sleep leads to overeating, and this is a direct path to obesity.
- Endocrine diseases - hypothyroidism, etc.
- Psychological eating disorder.
- Taking certain medications, such as hormonal contraceptives.
Obesity is becoming a real problem and has nothing to do with aesthetic attraction. Today it is one of the most common causes of death worldwide. Doctor of Medicine and Philosophy Saori Sakaue, along with his mentor, Professor Yukinori Okada, conducted a study and found that blood pressure and obesity directly affect life expectancy. The results were presented at the annual meeting of the American Society for Human Genetics 2019 in Houston, Texas.
Why diets do not work
Many of those who are losing weight, who have tried a variety of food systems, can not understand why even the most effective diet does not work? Indeed, it often happens that the chosen way to lose weight helps a person get rid of excess weight, but once he returns to the usual way of life, the loser returns again, often taking with him the extra pounds. A person falls into a vicious circle, he experiments on himself and his health, but this only worsens the existing state of affairs.
Here are the most common causes of these problems:
- reducing the caloric content to critical levels. Normally, a person, depending on gender, needs 2500-3500 kcal per day. A reduction in daily calorie intake to 1500 kcal or less leads to a significant lack of nutrients. The body can not exist for a long time in such a regime, which inevitably leads to breakdown and return to normalcy;
- complete exclusion of any product. Some diets recommend rejecting fatty or carbohydrate foods. But to maintain a normal life, the body needs proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Rejection of everything is fraught with a host of unpleasant consequences. For example, a keto diet can lead to ketoacidosis, a serious condition associated with intoxication and dehydration. Yes, such a diet is practiced for certain diseases, but this process is strictly controlled by the doctor;
- non-observance of food schedule. Proper nutrition provides partial meals in small portions and this is by no means accidental. In this state, the digestive system functions like clockwork, does not overload and the body does not die of hunger, which means that the risk of overeating is reduced to zero;
- moral torture. If the chosen diet promises weight loss of 10 or more pounds, the person is ready for anything. He tortures himself mentally, completely rejecting his favorite foods. And the result of this approach is one - a breakdown.
How to choose the most effective diet?
So it turns out that the most effective diet is the one that can be followed throughout life. This is exactly what nutritionists believe, promoting proper and rational nutrition. Therefore, it is necessary to change the approach to the choice of products, the way of cooking, the time of its consumption, etc. If you can not do it yourself, then it is better to seek help from a competent specialist, because often a person does not understand what he is doing wrong. It happens that just a refusal of a late dinner is enough to start the process.
You should not think that all overweight people eat fast food and cozy foods. They can eat the same food as everyone else, but still gain weight. Someone thus catches stress, and someone simply suffers from an accompanying disease, for example, diabetes, but still does not know about it. The approach here has to be complex and diet therapy is just one of them. According to American psychologist Tracy Mann, diets that are popular among people are generally useless as a means of combating excess weight. The first thing you need to do is calculate the usual caloric content of the diet and reduce it by 500 kcal below the adequate energy requirement.
In addition, it is recommended that you increase your physical activity without fail. What kind of sport it will be - depends on the person to decide, because a positive result will be visible only in the conditions of regular classes, which means that the load should be pleasant, bring pleasure. Not everyone likes to carry heavy weights in the gym, and besides, many are ashamed of their body. They can try their hand at water sports - water aerobics, aquacycling.
Many people today are engaged in Nordic walking, and this sport has virtually no contraindications and is suitable for both the elderly and obese people who need to protect their joints. Only under such conditions will the weight begin to decline. Drug treatment and psychotherapy will complement what has been started, but only with the obligatory participation of the doctor. He can also decide on the surgical treatment of obesity.